Published by Kerry Meath-Sinkin
Your Daily Routine
“When the body adjusts to a daily routine and learns to count on it, the nervous system can relax.”
~Dr. Claudia Welch
The most important part of a routine is to do at least a few things at the same time every day.
Here are some suggestions to get started!
- Wake up with the sun and make a positive intention
- Cleanse: brush teeth, cleanse face, rinse eyes
- Warm Water with lemon: See my previous post for more information on this.
- Warm oil massage: Applying warm oil on the body is a great way to calm the mind, nourish the heart, strengthen the body, and gently detox. Check out the following blog post to learn more.
- Warm Breakfast
- Lunch: Large lunch between 10-2. Sit down and chew your food!
- Light Supper: Ideally eaten before 6:00 pm.
- Sleep: Ideally try to get to sleep before 10:00. Add an evening routine if sleep is difficult.
A few simple suggestions include:
- get off devices at least 1 hour before bed,
- warm herbal tea (sleepytime, chamomile, rose, etc.)
- warm epsom salt bath
- easy reading
- restorative yoga asana.
Good luck and have fun as you feel more relaxed and energized in your day!
Kerry Meath-Sinkin is a registered investment advisor and financial planner based in Minneapolis. She graduated with honors from Brown, and works with clients not only in the Twin Cities, but nationwide. Kerry believes in a holistic approach to finance. She works with her clients to develop a practical plan with their finances, while also working on their inner relationship with money. Together, these aspects allow clients to feel healthy, abundant, and free. Kerry also has a passion for healthy living, is a certified Ayurvedic practitioner, and public health educator. Click here to learn more about Kerry.